Debian on Kurobox Pro
Per Andersson ported the Debian installer to the Buffalo Kurobox Pro as part of a Google Summer of Code project in 2008. The following pages describe the installation and operation of Debian on the Kurobox Pro.
- An installation guide for Debian on the Kurobox Pro.
- A set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- A status page showing which components of the Kurobox Pro are currently supported.
- An internals page listing the specs of the Kurobox Pro.
- An image gallery with various pictures of the Kurobox Pro.
- Information about the recovery mode.
- Some de-installation instructions in case you want to go back to the original Buffalo firmware.
- Connecting a serial console.
- Information about Buffalo devices at NAS-Central.
If you have problems with Debian on the Kurobox Pro and cannot solve them with Google, there are the following resources you can consult:
- The debian-arm list for questions specifically related to the ARM port of Debian or about running Debian on the Kurobox Pro.
A lot of people helped to make Debian on Kurobox Pro possible. Marvell has done a fabulous job integrating Orion support into the mainline kernel and donated a number of Kurobox Pro devices to Debian developers. Per Andersson has done the main work porting Debian to the Kurobox Pro as part of his Google Summer of Code project.