Debian on QNAP TS-410, TS-410U, TS-412, TS-419P, TS-419P+, TS-419P II, TS-419U, TS-419U+, TS-420, TS-420U, TS-421 and TS-421U
The QNAP TS-410, TS-410U, TS-412, TS-419P, TS-419P+, TS-419P II, TS-419U, TS-419U+, TS-420, TS-420U, TS-421 and TS-421U are powerful NAS devices that can be used for a variety of tasks. You can use the user-friendly Debian installer to install Debian.
- A set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Troubleshooting information with common problems and their solutions.
- Some tips and tricks about running Debian on the QNAP TS-41x/TS-42x.
- A status page showing which components of the TS-41x/TS-42x are currently supported.
- An image gallery with some pictures of the TS-419P.
- Information about the recovery mode.
- Instructions for restoring the original QNAP firmware or re-installing Debian.
- Connecting a serial console.
- Instructions for using U-Boot (if you have a serial console). U-Boot is the boot loader used by QNAP.
- Information about QNAP devices at NAS-Central.
If you have problems with Debian on QNAP TS-41x/TS-42x and cannot solve them with Google, you can consult the following resources:
- The debian-arm list for questions specifically related to the ARM port of Debian or about running Debian on the QNAP TS-41x/TS-42x.
- If you don't want to post to a mailing list, please post to the Debian area on the QNAP forum.
- For questions about QNAP devices that are not related to Debian, please use the QNAP forum.
A lot of people helped to make Debian on QNAP Turbo NAS possible. The folks at QNAP have been very supportive of this effort and have supplied some hardware and technical expertise. Marvell has done a fabulous job integrating Kirkwood support into the mainline kernel.